- This event has passed.
CLC spring meeting
May 14 @ 14:00 – 16:00
Seminar – Strengthening organisations’ climate leadership
The seminar will introduce three key tools for systematic climate strategy, business development and reporting:
1) The recommendations from The Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) by the Financial Stability Board. TCFD recommends that preparers of climate-related financial disclosures provide such disclosures in their mainstream annual financial filings. The use of TCFD recommendations is growing rapidly as main investors are recommending and requiring them. For example Black Rock has sent TCFD – letter to more than 100 companies regarding their engagement on TCFD. Here are the companies committed to TCFD reporting with We Mean Business – network.
2) Science Based Targets (SBT) by UNGC, CDP, WWF and WRI. Science-based targets provide companies with a clearly defined pathway to future-proof growth by specifying how much and how quickly they need to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Currently there are over 500 major companies applying the SBT method.
3) Carbon handprint by VTT. Whereas carbon footprints describe the emissions and negative climate impacts of products or organisations, carbon handprints show the positive climate impact that the product or organisation can create.
Opening words, Jouni Keronen, Executive Director, CLC
TCFD – Case Varma. Investors demand climate leadership from companies, Hanna Kaskela, Director, Responsible Investments
SBT – Case Stora Enso. Climate change as part of a company’s strategy, Johan Holm, Head of Environmental Policies and Programs in Sustainability, Stora Enso
- Case Outotec, Ilkka Kojo, Senior Advisor, Technology, Outotec
- Case Atea, Vesa Siitari, Head of Sales and Sustainability, Atea Finland Oy
Introduction of CLC’s position paper for systemic solution, Henrik Ehrnrooth, Chairman and Jouni Keronen, Executive Director, CLC
15.30 – 16.00 Official meeting
- Opening of the meeting
- Election of chairperson of the meeting, a secretary, two examiners of the minutes and, when necessary, two counters of votes
- Quorum and validity of the meeting
- Approval of the agenda
- Presentation of the financial statement, annual report and the auditors’ report
- Approval of the financial statement and discharge from liability to the members of the Board and
other accountable parties
- Any other matters listed in the notice of the meeting
This event is for CLC members only. If you would like to attend, please contact Anna Taimisto (anna.taimisto at clc.fi).
anna.taimisto at clc.fi