Agriculture and food theme group webinar: Carbon farming
27.01.2021 @ 17:00 - 18:30
Key outcomes: This webinar is the first of three CLC webinars focused on agriculture and carbon farming. The aim of the webinar series is to gain an overview of climate actions in the agricultural sector, to increase understanding on carbon farming, with a focus on measuring and verifying carbon in the soil as well as improving carbon sequestration. In addition, the webinar series focuses on finding suitable incentives and market mechanisms to increase carbon sinks in the soil.
Invited: CLC member representatives and participants from speaker organizations.
Host: Climate Leadership Coalition
Program for the webinar:
- Welcome and program, Minttu Liuhto/ CLC
- Climate actions and strategies in the EU, Jouni Keronen/ CLC – 20 min (including Q&A)
- Presenting Copa Cogeca’s Vision: We Farm 4 EU, Pekka Pesonen/ Copa Cogeca – 20 min (including Q&A)
- Land Use and Agriculture in California’s Climate Policy: essential for success, Louis Blumberg/ Blumberg West Consulting – 20 min (including Q&A)
- Presenting MTK’s Climate Programme: towards carbon neutral agriculture in Finland, Liisa Pietola/ The Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK) – 20 min (including Q&A)
- Concluding remarks and next steps & topics, Jouni Keronen/ CLC