Anders Wijkman, the co-president of Club of Rome, Wärtsilä, OP, Finance Finland and Porvoo City are new members of Climate Leadership Coalition
Climate Leadership Coalition has approved four new members: Wärtsilä, OP, Finance Finland and Porvoo City for organisational members and Mr Anders Wijkman for a personal member. CLC´s rapidly growing network has now 49 members. The network develops business models to mitigate the effects of climate change.
– Green house gas emissions from Finland and Sweden are small compared to the world at large. But the world is very short of good examples of how to reduce emissions and here CLC is making a difference. I am impressed by its innovative thinking and I feel honoured to become a member, says Anders Wijkman, co-president of the Club of Rome and the chairman of EIT Climate KIC.
OP has set itself the target of being CO2 -positive by 2025 and OP´s strategic aim is to be a forerunner in corporate social responsibility in the financial sector.
– Climate Leadership Coalition will support us in achieving these targets, says Timo Ritakallio, President and Group Executive Chairman, OP Financial Group.
The main objective of Wärtsilä is to supply technologies and services with high efficiency and low environmental impact.
– Wärtsilä has a pivotal role in enabling efficiency and low emissions in the marine and energy markets. The CLC can support Wärtsilä in developing these areas further, comments Jaakko Eskola, President and CEO of Wärtsilä.
Finance Finland promotes digitalization in decreasing direct emissions of the society.
– In addition we recommend FSB´s Task Force on Climate related Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations to our members. Joining forces with CLC will create new opportunities for us in the transformation towards climate neutrality, says Piia-Noora Kauppi, the CEO of Finance Finland.
Porvoo has set an objective to be leader in saving energy and energy efficiency in construction.
– CLC can give us significant support in achieving our climate targets, says mayor Jukka-Pekka Ujula.
Henrik Ehrnrooth, the Chairman of the CLC board, welcomes warmly the four new members.
– All new members increase our competences and add value to our network. The example we give as a network has also gained international recognition.
According to its strategy 2018, CLC will focus on developing and implementing international and Nordic solutions for carbon pricing, forestry, agriculture, energy and transportation. In addition it aims to activate citizens to make climate friendly choices in everyday life.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Climate Leadership Coalition, CEO Jouni Keronen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +358 50 4534881
- 22 May, 2018
- Unna Lehtipuu
- 0 Comments